(Yes, it's obnoxious. Consider it therapeutic positive reinforcement. For me.)
- Graded miscellaneous oddments.
- Read EVERYTHING for the coming week's classes!
- Prepped for tomorrow's comp classes (still haven't prepped the survey, but that's what 6 am is for).
- Spent a good few hours each weekend day working on the Fatal New Chapter of my book. I actually have a draft now, and even imported the stuff from Old Conclusion into it (though it needs to be much better integrated). I also rewrote the last paragraph of the conclusion. Reviewer 1 was right: It surely did suck in its original form.
- Swam my weekly 2k.
- Made: Vegetable stock, granola, bread (I'm making an Irish soda bread lately--it's super easy and uses up the buttermilk left over from when I make butter), butter, split pea soup for this week's lunches, and a bok choy thing for dinner last night that has at least one good helping remaining.
- Went to the liquor store and the grocery store and had a nice lunch out in Ordinary City with.
- Cleaned the bathroom and did laundry.
- Decided that vacuuming could wait until next week.
- Figured something out for the Honors program--actually I'd thought this would be a big hassle, but it only took like ten minutes.
- Looked at the hotels for MLA and decided to make up my mind tomorrow (besides, I need my roommate's travel dates.)
- Did I mention that I read everything for the coming week's classes?
- Got about halfway through the book I need to review this month.
- Made up a handout for one of Tuesday's classes.
- Balanced my checkbook and paid a couple of bills.
- Fixed lunch for tomorrow.
- Raked the yard.
- Pollinated the jalapeƱo.
- I'm serious about that last one.
Truth be told, though, I have about one of these weekends a semester. So thank you all for letting me indulge in my short-lived gloating.
7 comments:
Congrats, Heu Mihi! You no longer make me feel claustrophobic & anxious. You now make me feel jealous! I envy & covet your efficiency! :-)
I read your post, thought "she's so right about the 7:45 start," resolved to do it today . . . and didn't: there was too much department work to get through. Thanks for being a conscience, though.
Wow, woman! That's unbelievable!
(You make your own butter??)
Ortho: I am so glad that I no longer make you anxious. My effect on your anxiety level has been making ME anxious.
Undine: Well, I start work at 7:45 on weekdays...and somehow don't manage to be particularly productive. Committees and teaching are more disruptive types of work, or something.
Hilaire: Yes! Butter-making is easy. I get my milk by the half-gallon from a local organic farmer ($2/week); there's always plenty of cream, so I just toss it into the blender for, I dunno, 5-10 minutes, then drain it (saving the buttermilk for culturing and then baking) and rinse it a couple of times. Once the water comes out clean, you put it on a plate and rub it with a spoon to squeeze out the rest of the water, and there ya go! Way cheaper than BUYING organic butter.
I am very proud of my current dairy system. I have contemplated a whole post on this very matter.
WOW! kickin ass and taking names. i love it!! keep it up!!
Hi, Heu. I'm sorry I made you feel anxious.
Your dairy system sounds fascinating. I would love to read a full post on it.
I too would love a dairy post, and a bread post for that matter, but I'm really chiming in to say that I'm all about self-congratulations as a tool for productivity -- self-admiration is very encouraging!
Post a Comment