Thursday, January 17, 2008

Um this is weird, a bit

I'm taking a break from my interview madness to remark on a sudden surge in blog hits.... Apparently my recent clothing query was linked in the footer of a Wall Street Journal "On Style" article. It's kind of a bizarre feeling, since I'm used to thinking of my readers as a relatively small group. I feel oddly exposed.

In other news, the interview is--well, okay, I'll say it--I love it, I love it! I shouldn't say this--the odds of disappointment are still so great--but the school seems terrific and lovely and argh. !!! But I need to stop and try to get a short nap in before dinner.

4 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Yay! Knock 'em dead, heu!

Fretful Porpentine said...

Good luck!

medieval woman said...

That's so wonderful! I'll be honest with you - tell them in no uncertain terms how interested you are in the position. Don't come right out and beg, but be firm and communicate that after your campus interview, where you were able to meet the students, other faculty, etc. that you're even more interested in the position than you were before. Only need to say it once, but expressing enthusasm to the right folks is no problemo - I'm so happy for you!

I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you!!

heu mihi said...

Okay, good--I was going to say that in my thank-you email this morning. Ugh. Now for 2 weeks of suspense!