Saturday, March 10, 2007

Some Big Changes 'Round These Parts

Ahh, March. The temperature has gone up more than 30 degrees since yesterday, and, in the spirit of the new season (right? right??? winter's not coming back, is it?????), I've decided to make some Changes.

First off: No more cable. I had it disconnected last night. It was about time, really; I've been stealing wireless from somewhere (presumably the boys downstairs) since October, and my TV service gave me no extra channels--meaning that I was effectively paying $50 for network TV. $50 a month for a handful of Will and Grace reruns is an expense that I can no longer justify. Particularly as the end of the year--and my last foreseeable paycheck--draws near.

I do have an antenna, and I'll probably give that a try later on. But would a life sans television be so bad? Although it would be terrible to miss out on the rest of America's Next Top Model, a deeply problematic show to which I am nonetheless addicted.

Second: I sorted through the stacks and scraps of papers adorning my desk area. That's not especially exciting, I know, but it was satisfying all the same.

Third: I went back to yoga. After a week and a half of no real exercise, my body was feeling thick and sluggish. I normally attend at least two--often three--classes a week, and missing it for so long reminded me of how much I love it. I might write about yoga some more later. It's corny, I know, but yoga really is such a tremendously important and beneficial part of my life. Today's class felt great. My usual teacher wasn't there, but the sub was a guy I've had before and whom I like a lot. He's a small, kind man whose goatee and bright little eyes give him a benignly simian aspect. Although I tried to go easy today, moving my body felt so good that I, well, didn't. But to no ill effect, so I think that I made the right choice.

And finally: I will go to the bank, on Monday, to finally close my stupid savings account with the 0.000001% interest rate and transfer the money to my vastly superior savings account (4.5% interest rate). And to get some of those coin sleeve thingies. I need to roll some coins.

With these resolutions under my belt, perhaps I can get back to work. Perhaps, some day soon, I'll finish one of the books I started in more optimistic times.

4 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Yay! for yoga!

medieval woman said...

You don't need the paper sleeve thingys! Just take a jar to the machine in the Big Super Market across the Big Highway by the railroad tracks. Did that make any sense? Probably not...

Glad it's warmer there!

jb said...

Ohh, that makes sense. But: I don't have a car. And I have a really heavy (and deeply ugly) piggy bank.

(Besides, I kind of like rolling coins.)

(But I'm sure I'll get sick of it. And find someone to take me to the store, someday.)

jb said...

Squadratomagico: hi! And yay indeed!