From Belle, because I have been such a lame blogger of late. Memes are my punishment, I guess.
The rules are simple. Copy the list, changing only the word that answers the question. One word only.
1. Your cell phone? why?
2. Your significant other? cooks!
3. Your hair? there
4. Your mother? artist
5. Your father? sailing
6. Your favorite? Gawain
7. Your dream last night? forgotten
8. Your favorite drink? scotch
9. Your dream/goal? novelist
10. What room you are in? living
11. Your hobby? yoga
12. Your fear? disappointment
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Languedoc
14. Where were you last night? fondue
15. Something that you aren't? Icelandic
16. Muffins? sometimes
17. Wish list item? pajamas
18. Where you grew up? suburbs
19. Last thing you did? grade
20. What are you wearing? bathrobe
21. Your TV? unwatched*
22. Your pets? boyfriend's
23. Friends? elsewhere
24. Your life? changeable
25. Your mood? satisfied
26. Missing someone? often
27. Car? dirty
28. Something you're not wearing? make-up
29. Your favorite store? thrift
30. Your favorite color? green
33. When is the last time you laughed? today
34. Last time you cried? Saturday**
35. Who will resend this? inapplicable
36. One place that I go to over and over? Mom's
*And, now, unwatchable! Hooray! Or something. Really, it's a non-issue; I have watched actual TV-TV at my house for like 40 minutes since...since July of 07, I think. (We are ignoring the TV that gets watched when I visit my mom.)
*Just a little. My sore throat seemed worse when I woke up, and I was frustrated. All better now, however! --Though I'm still pretty raspy-voiced. Let's call it "sexy."
This was actually more interesting to do than I thought it would be, because I had to curb my impulse to explain. So now, sabotaging that very curbing, I can explain! It was hard to pick a "dream/goal"; for a long time "novelist" was my goal, but I'm no longer at all sure that that's what I really want to do--I enjoy writing, but it's so easy for it to become a panic-inducing, tiresome, compulsory task that I'm not sure I'd want to do it full-time. In fact, I don't think that I do want it to become full-time (not that it will), which makes me feel a lot better about the fact that it won't and that I put so little effort into publishing my fiction. (Or writing it, for that matter.) I like the structure of academia. I like interacting with people (in limited doses). I like running things.
As for "pajamas," that really was the one thing that I could think of that I want right now and am not buying. (I have pajamas; I could just use some new ones.) I'm not buying them because, while the old ones are getting none too pretty, they're still functional, and I don't really see the point of replacing functional things. It's not like they get seen in public or anything. And in general? I've just been really non-acquisitive lately. That's an advantage of living out here, I guess, especially without TV: I am exposed to no advertising, other than on the internet. There aren't even any viable stores around here. So the desire to buy stuff starts to fade.
As for "favorite": I'm teaching an Arthurian Lit course, and Gawain is kinda my fave knight. One of my students loves Kay, though, and I'm totally down with that.