And yet, it's 5 pm on Sunday. So far this weekend, I--who planned, by the way, to spend yesterday morning completing this oh-so-onerous task--have done the following:
- read for Monday's, Tuesday's, and Thursday's classes;
- prepared for tomorrow's morning class;
- graded an entire batch of (admittedly short) papers;
- started to plan a course for next fall;
- washed lots of laundry, including sheets and towels;
- swept and shaken out rugs;
- cleaned the bathroom;
- taken out the compost;
- started a big pot of soup for the week;
- watered my plants;
- put cinnamon on the plants' soil to get rid of a bunch of little fruit-fly-like insects (I think that worked once before);
- taken down the long-broken clock in the kitchen and replaced it with a couple of pictures;
- made butter;
- washed a goodly number of dishes;
- walked to and from the drug store and grocery store;
- napped, a lot;
- balanced my checkbook; and
- figured out my taxes.
All right. New plan. Just read the abstract. That's all! Then we'll just see where that takes us, shall we?
ETA: Damn it, I don't even know where the abstract is stored on my computer. Now I have an additional barrier to completing my task!