Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Last Person in America

I got my economic stimulus check yesterday. The teller at the bank looked mildly surprised when I deposited it this morning.

That's what I get for having the last two digits of my SSN in the upper 90s. And for actually paying taxes this year instead of having a refund directly deposited.

Today I'm working--yes, actually working!--on the new article I've been meaning to get to all summer. Perhaps I'll even have a word count on that meter on the right by the end of the day (although word-counting is complicated by the fact that my writing process is basically to produce an outline, and then add increasing layers of detail to the outline, until I'm actually writing whole paragraphs into it. As the Laziest Scholar, I need to trick myself into producing words). But I'll get to my post about what I put into my book proposal soon--it shan't be particularly exciting, but given that I would have benefited from a few guidelines when I was first drafting the thing, perhaps it will be of some service.

3 comments:

Thoroughly Educated said...

Mine came yesterday, too. You are not alone.

Jennifer Lynn Jordan said...

I just got mine yesterday too!

heu mihi said...

I'm glad that I'm not alone....