Sunday, February 3, 2008

Suspense

I just got an email from a search committee. Yeep. No--don't get excited; there's no news yet. It was strictly of the "we'll be meeting soon and let you know what's going on" variety. But my God--it's been several minutes, and I'm actually kind of shaking. I feel woozy. Wow. This is nuts. And here I thought the weekend was safe from drama?

Speaking of drama, we just had a big flash snowstorm (is that a term?) accompanied by thunder and lightning. It was thrilling. And I thought: Snow day, take 2! But no, that likely won't happen, and really it would be kind of a pain if it did because we're already behind--but who doesn't love a snow day? And it would give me a further 24 hours to come down off of that adrenaline hit.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must commence living in fear of my email.

4 comments:

Hilaire said...

OMG good luck!!! All good vibes to you.

heu mihi said...

Thanks, Hilaire!

medieval woman said...

Fingers crossed - is this the place you loved???

GOOD LUCK!

heu mihi said...

Yes, it was! The place I loved! So now I'm trying to read for subtext in a one-sentence message likely sent to every candidate...argh!