Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Hate Airlines.

Not only have I been delayed at some point during virtually every flight that I've taken in the past year, but this morning I got out of the shower to find a message from the discount ticket company informing me that my flight today has been canceled. Well, one leg of it has. A short leg. But there's nothing they can do.

I was able, after a long time on hold, to get rebooked (or partially rebooked--I need to call back in a few hours) on a flight out tonight. But that means that instead of arriving on Friday afternoon, when the Boyfriend can conveniently pick me up and it'll only be a few hours until I can go to bed, I arrive at 5:30 in the goddamned morning on Saturday. So he'll have to get up at an ungodly hour to fetch me, our plans for that day are shot, and I'll spend my first full day in Exciting City totally jetlagged.

Plus it means that I have to go an extra 14 hours without seeing him, and I haven't seen him in two months and this sucks.

2 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Yaaaah! How awful! Sorry to hear that your break is off to such an irritating start.

But you'll have an awesome time in Exciting City with Much-Missed-Boyfriend anyway.

heu mihi said...

Yes, I will! And the good news is that I can get a bunch of grading done, which means far fewer papers to schlep around the world.