Monday, July 2, 2007

Still More Boring Details

I may have figured out a way to move out on a Friday instead of a Saturday, thereby saving myself upwards of $100! Woo!

Okay, I do realize that discussing the details of my move is one of the most boring things that I could do. But it's really all that I think about lately. That's the problem with moving, for me: it essentially takes up six full weeks of brain-space.

The good part about the expense of the move (yep, here I go again) is that it's really motivating me to get rid of as much stuff as I possibly can. Those (out of my field) books that I'll maybe someday read, and have been carrying around for the better part of a decade? Out. That shirt that I keep thinking I'll want to wear, but that I always change out of before I leave the house? Bye! And that's a very satisfying feeling.

5 comments:

Sisyphus said...

I like boring moving details! Moving is fun, in a sick way, and I always spend _way_ too much time packing and planning and anticipating and decorating and whatnot whenever I move.

Good luck, and if you're getting your own moving truck, you might want to rethink "Uhaul." The LA Times just did an expose on them not being up to safety standards. You can find it on the times website.

jb said...

Ahhh good to know. I wasn't aware.... I used a different major company once, though, and one of my mirrors was broken, which made for a harrowing ride. Not that that's representative of anything.

Fretful Porpentine said...

I hear you. I think moving a third of the way across the country and (probably) getting a new car at the same time may be the most complicated thing I've ever had to figure out in my life.

jb said...

Wow, FP, that's like exactly what I have to do. In fact, this week is my Week of Car Stress: to buy or not to buy? And I'm moving almost exactly 1/3 of the way across the country, too. Sure we're not the same person?

Fretful Porpentine said...

Well, I'm not really patient enough to be a medievalist, so I'm going to guess we're probably not...