Tuesday, July 17, 2007

La La La

I haven't been in the most bloggerific mood lately. I'm reading other people's blogs, and all (of course! How else would I avoid work?), but don't have a whole lot to say here.

Which is not to say that I haven't been busy, or getting things done; I have been. They just aren't terribly interesting things, and I'm not having interesting thoughts about them. (That's arguably always true. I guess a more accurate statement would be that I haven't been believing myself to be having interesting thoughts about the probably uninteresting things I'm doing.)

So:

-H and I had a yard sale on Sunday and got rid of a lot of crap. Then we went to the beach, and had soft serve and got covered in seaweed, and that night we saw the new Harry Potter movie. And then I had to take yesterday off to recover from all the fun.

-I actually made some headway on my book proposal today. I am apparently in one of my modes where I can only get work done at the library. Sometimes I can only get work done away from the library. The game is figuring out which mode I'm in.

-I have not started packing. I will not start today.

-My blog's very nice wallpaper has disappeared! I'm disappointed. [Addendum: I have found some new wallpaper. All is well again.]

That's all! La la la!

5 comments:

medieval woman said...

Hey - congrats on the successful yard sale!

Will you send me your book proposal when it's done?? I'd love to read it!

jb said...

And I would love feedback! Certainly.

Hilaire said...

I love to hear your thoughts, "grand" or not.

And yes, congrats on starting on a book proposal - that is very amazing of you!

And how weird that wallpaper just disappeared. I like the new one, though.

Rendezvous said...

Hey, I've bookmarked you! Great reading.

jb said...

Aw, thanks, Hilaire! I'm always impressed with the seeming continuity of your blog, by the way--it has the feel of a Victorian novel to me, somehow.

And hi, Rendezvous!