Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Morrissey Is My Best Friend

In fact, Morrissey is everyone's best friend. Of course he is. He sings with such great sincerety. And he sings things like,

Close your eyes and think of someone that you physically admire, and let me kiss you,

and

Monday: humiliation. Tuesday: suffocation. Wednesday: condescension. Thursday is pathetic. By Friday, life has killed me.*
What's not to love? He's been with me through thick and thin, that guy.

I'm thinking about this because I realized today that this year is the year in which I am twice as old as I was when I first began loving Morrissey. Which means that, from now on, I will always have loved Morrissey for longer than I haven't loved Morrissey.

And I was thinking about that, I believe, because today I am contemplating a return to Doc Marten's, which makes me all kinds of nostalgic.

(*Quotes are from "Let Me Kiss You" and "I Have Forgiven Jesus," respectively. Both songs are from the 2004 album "You are the Quarry." It is a fantastic album. Yes it is.)

No comments: