Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year Extravaganza

Had a very fun, very LATE night yesterday at a Chinese New Year's party. Saw some people I hadn't seen in a long time. Drank a lot of kumquat martinis and played an exciting dice-rolling game that involved a great deal of shouting. Won enough cash to pay most of the cab fare home. It was a good night.

--Followed, however, by an exceptionally slow day. It's, what, 3:30? I have done nothing. And I'm looking forward to its being nighttime so that I can go back to bed. Late nights just destroy me, kumquat martinis or no.

Oh well; these weekends don't come along very often. Besides, aren't there people out there who actually take the weekends off? I'll make some kind of half-hearted effort at revising a chapter, and call it a day, I think.

2 comments:

Dr. Virago said...

Mmm, kumquat martinis. Must mention that to my mixology-loving partner.

jb said...

They were DELICIOUS. Wish I knew how to make them.