So here are some of the positives:
- An hour and a half of vigorous yoga can do miraculous things when one is in a self-pitying state of mind.
- My landlords left me an Easter basket, complete with candy and fake plastic grass.
- My amaryllis is growing with absurd rapidity. Maybe it'll even flower before I go away!
- My dad and stepmom got me flowers. Which I find very touching, for some reason. And my mom just said that she's sending me a present; her presents are always strange and cool.
- I have a fun knitting project going on.
- I have no real deadlines at the moment. (This one is huge. I should repeat it to myself nine times a day.)
- I'm going to an exciting conference and then doing a very small bit of exciting post-conference travel in the near future.
- Making lists of nice things is a remarkable way of feeling better about one's life.
Psychology sure is easy, eh?
2 comments:
How can she be out of town during crunch time?? That's CRAZY!!! It's the end of spring semester!
No kidding!!!!! Well, she did answer her email. So I now have an appointment for 10:30 on May 1.
Post a Comment