Friday, April 6, 2007

But Anyway

After this morning's long plaint, I've been forcing some perspective upon myself. I mean, at the end of the day, this particular stage in my life will pass, right? So in the very worst case, I don't go into academia. I'll adjust. People adjust to things.

More likely, I will eventually find some kind of academic work for next year. Adjuncting is a perfectly reasonable option, if I can swing it.

But my point is just that this period of anxiety and fretting will come to an end, things will get settled one way or another, and nothing is ever permanent anyway.

There. I feel better.

2 comments:

meg said...

If you're located in Southern California, we haven't yet hired my replacement for next year. The deadline was yesterday, but we're going to accept applications monday and tuesday as things straggle in. Email if you're interested.

squadratomagico said...

I just noticed that your email address is "heu mihi." >giggle< ~snort~