Sunday, September 18, 2011

One of the ways in which I suck

I'm pretty bad at answering emails. I get better during the school year, but only with my Field College account; my regular gmail languishes pretty badly year-round. It's not that I don't enjoy hearing from people--I just always put off writing back, and then (alas) I'm afraid that I lose interest in talking about myself. And then I feel guilty, and Too Much Time Has Passed, etc. etc. same old story.

And then there's the email account associated with this blog.

Hoo, I'm sorry, anyone who tried to contact me via that address since, oh, mid-July! Because apparently that was the last time I checked it. And as it happens, in addition to the MoveOn.org exhortations and messages from Al Gore & Co, I had some actual, real-life messages in there! Including some actual, real-life work-related stuff!

I'm sorry. Apparently, what I really need is Another Damned Notorious Answer Your Goddamn Email Group.

****

In other news, here's a picture of the travel diary that I made for my trip to Ireland this summer. Isn't it nice?

(On location at a pub in Limerick.)

3 comments:

meg said...

Oh, lordy, me too. I have emails that are quite precious to me -- at least the conversation they contain is -- rotting away in the crisper drawer of my inbox. Same dynamic of nonanswering. I too need a ADNAYGE group too.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Hah! I'd totally join that group.

Jerome Haward said...

xl pharmacy
great post, bookmarked, will be back later. because this was a fantastic article, keep up the good work ,these posts keep getting better and better .