Saturday, June 19, 2010

OK DONE.

I've spent the last three days checking each one of my index entries. Yes. Each one. Looking it up and making sure that it's correct. This was simple enough for the names and big obvious words, but things like "epistemology" are not exactly easy to spot on a quick look-over.

Talk about double-plus un-fun.

Was it necessary? Good question. On the one hand, I did find some errors, inconsistencies, and weird items, and some pagination changes from the first to the second proofs had to be dealt with. On the other, the vast majority of the listings were correct and it was not particularly likely that anyone would ever find the mistakes.

Whatever. It's done. I am not rereading the second proofs, though. I've checked to make sure that everything I marked in the first proofs was fixed (not all of it was), and I am calling it a motherfucking day.

So I'm...done with the book? Well, I do need to make some corrections in the index document, but that'll take like an hour.

...Oddly, the hell of indexing has made me almost not particularly care. Whither excitement? Oh, I know: I now have an Amazon listing and a gorgeous cover--which is, unfortunately, not yet viewable on Amazon. Oh well! I know that it's gorgeous (and it'll turn up soon enough). Whee!

4 comments:

Ink said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Hooray for you! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it. And within a few months, you will be holding that beautiful thing in your hands. Just, when you do, DON'T OPEN IT. I made that mistake, and hoo boy! All the things I should have corrected...

Belle said...

Ditto on Ink's squeeeeeeee!

medieval woman said...

Yay for you being done!!! Way to go!!!!!!!