Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Things I Do Not Want to See Right Now

1. Emails from students with the one-word subject line, "Help."

...

That's about it.

In other news, I'm off to visit family for a week. I know--I promised some kind of substantive post a while back, and have yet to deliver. It's possible that I'll blog from the vacation, but not necessarily likely, so it may be that you hear from me again in a week or so.

Have fun! (And I just can't bring myself to open the email right now. I'm off contract, people!)

6 comments:

彥安彥安 said...

you got it!i like it!!! ........................................

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Oh God. I have students from way back still haunting me -- from schools that I don't even teach at any more. "Please, please write me a letter of recommendation!" Argh. I am already sick of that. And why the hell would they ask an adjunct for a letter anyway? Like my opinion counts!

I just got another request for a letter (fourth request in 2010) from a former student at a school I don't teach at anymore. Very irritating. But I did it anyway.

Good luck with your email. It probably isn't as simple as singing someone's praises.

Ink said...

LMAO! I don't want to see those anymore either!

Have a great trip. :)

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

cool blog,期待更新........................................

怡婷 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

翊芷 said...

文章不求沽名釣譽,率性就是真的..................................................................