Tuesday, March 17, 2009

You know, this has been a GOOD year.

I just got an email from Editor at Quite Respectable Press. And ze's going to recommend that the board approve my MS for publication at their next meeting, in May. And, although publication is up to the board, ze thinks that it'll be an "easy sell."

I haven't read the attached reviewer's comments (I need to wait until I've settled down and braced myself for them), but ze says that they're "very positive."

My heart is beating. When I finished reading the email I let out a yell that was quite loud and entirely out of character. I was immediately embarrassed (the window is open) and had to run into the bedroom, a reaction which now seems a little strange.

But who cares?? Assuming that all goes well in May, I'm publishing a book!!!!!

18 comments:

Belle said...

Wow! Yay heu mihi! That is great news! I'm so excited for you; celebrate well and often!

clio's disciple said...

Congratulations!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Hooray for you!!!

Now, let's hope that I finally get comments from reader 2 so i can share some joy as well.

Dr. Crazy said...

Yay! Hurray! Awesome, awesome!

Thoroughly Educated said...

W00t! Fantastic!

Ortho said...

Awesome! Congratulations, Heu! You rock!

squadratomagico said...

CongratsCongratsCONGRATS!

It's a good feeling!

Sisyphus said...

Wow! Yay! Hurrah!

I hope your heart continues to beat! ;)

Good Enough Woman said...

Whoop! Whoop! Congrats, Heu Mihi!

pocha said...

Great news! I love your blog by the way. Discovered it weeks ago and am now a regular reader :)

medieval woman said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

undine said...

Congrats! That's great news!

Flavia said...

Hooray and congrats!

the rebel lettriste said...

Wonderful!

What Now? said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful news!

Maude Lebowski said...

holy crap!! that's awesome news! i'm so happy for you!!

heu mihi said...

Thanks, all! I'm still withholding some excitement for the final decision (who knows, What With The Economy And All). But it is a HUGE relief that the Fretful Reader is now a Satisfied Reader. At least my revisions went in the right direction!

Ink said...

Woohoo! That's wonderful news. :)