Friday, January 23, 2009

Heu mihi, indeed

I seem to have a cold!

At least, an incipient cold. My throat hurts. Also, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours because my furnace was making odd noises, and I feared that it would explode.




It's funny how rational such things seem at 2 am.




Well, oh well. We just closed out the second week of the semester, and so far all is running smoothly. Classes are going well, and prep is shockingly un-time-consuming, and with every semester I become more and more at ease in the classroom. I have some lovely students. I have some grading to do. But I also get to spend the weekend reading Jane Austen, which is just about perfect for a Weekend With A Cold.

And we're getting a pizza for dinner. Perhaps all is not so heu-worthy after all.

3 comments:

Bardiac said...

Austen is such a treat :)

What Now? said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I have the film of Sense and Sensibility waiting for me as a treat if I get all the necessary grading done tomorrow.

Ortho said...

I hope you're feeling better. Slightly warmed scotch and milk always cures my colds.