Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Belleville Rendez-Vous

I don't usually do memes anymore, for whatever reason (partly because I have a residual objection to this use of the word "meme"), but because I am evidently a blogging machine today and this one yielded some amusingly surreal answers, I will post it. I will not, however, tag anyone.

Picked it up at Anastasia's.

Put your iTunes or MP3 player on shuffle.

~For each question, press the next button to get your answer
~YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
~Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the game as well as the person you got the note from. (Or don't, because who cares.)

IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Ballet for a Rainy Day (XTC) (I don't even know this song, but it rhymes really well!)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
The Rose Tattoo (David Byrne)

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
A Ballad (Kate Rusby)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Djaa (Mamady Keita)

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
A Night Like This (The Cure)

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Candy Everybody Wants (10,000 Maniacs)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
I'm On Your Side (Carrie Newcomer) (yikes, super cheesy)

WHAT IS 2+2?
Your Birthday (Plymouth Rock)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Farewell to Nigg (Shooglenifty)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Gouge Away (Pixies)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Dear Prudence (Siouxsie & The Banshees)

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Tout Va Bien (Cali)

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Pussycat Moan (Katie Webser)

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Twenty Bucks (The Brides of Funkenstein)

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Within You Without You (The Beatles) (Yeah, not likely)

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Hesitating Beauty (Billy Bragg & Wilco)

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Land of Anaka (Geoffrey Oryema)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
David (Nellie McKay)

WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Lonestar (Norah Jones)

HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Third Eye (Black Eyed Peas)

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
Pablo Honey (Radiohead) (I don't particularly like Radiohead, actually. I know that this makes me hopelessly out of touch with my generation. Well! It is a badge that I shall endeavor to wear proudly)

WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Denko (Kante Manfila)

WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
Fight (Art Brut)

WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
? (Austin Mix) (Mystery song from my brother, actually labeled "?" on my iTunes--I was going to skip to the next one, but then this answer seemed pretty apt)

WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Good Day, Good Sir (Andre 3000)

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Boogie Man (Carrie Newcomer) (Yes! I hate this song! I would so make sure that it didn't get written. That would be my no. 1 priority)

WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
Om Purnam (Rasa)

WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Belleville Rendez-Vous (Ben Charest)

No comments: