Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The current state of affairs

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was that I wrote my Highly Successful Toast in the car between the wedding and the reception. No one can accuse me of over-preparing! Even if I am already thinking through my lectures for the fall!

I have returned to my apartment, and the subletter left it in...okay condition. It's tidy, and he washed the sheets and stuff, but the bathroom was not in very good shape. In the last 2.5 hours, however, I have cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, washed the bathmat, made the bed, unpacked, put away groceries, and straightened up all the things that were slightly misplaced in the last two weeks (yes, I'm very uptight about my living space. That's just one of the things that makes me such a pleasure to live with).

It's extremely hot. My apartment is roasting. Once my laundry is done, I'm seriously considering stripping down to underwear.

Not sure I feel like cooking, either. It might be a beer and cheese and fruit kind of night. Beer, cheese, fruit, and TV.

Speaking of which, I bought an $18 piece of cheese today. It's an Epossies. Anyone who likes cheese must eat this cheese! It is delicious. So very delicious. I had it last week at a beer and cheese tasting I got to attend for free, and it was splendiferous. So when I was in the grocery store today, I considered buying it, rejected the notion, and then thought: Hey! My dad just gave me some money for my birthday. All of that money is going to go into necessities. But perhaps $18 of it should go into a piece of cheese?

And yes! It did!

Of course, because it was so expensive, I might postpone eating it. Which will eventually mean that I will have spent $18 for a piece of cheese that I never got around to eating.

Or perhaps I will eat some of it tonight?

4 comments:

Sisyphus said...

what type of cheese is it? I haven't heard of it. Is it soft or hard? Stinky or really stinky? Please eat it before it gets moldy (unless that's the preferred way to serve it) and then blog about it in detail --- we need the lowdown on the cheese experience.

Hilaire said...

Yes, I'd love to hear about it. Didja eat it last night, or what? :)

squadratomagico said...

yes, more cheese blogging!

jb said...

Cheese post coming soon!