Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One down

Just finished with the first of (a record-breaking) eight honors thesis presentations. I don't actually have to do much at the presentations--introduce the presenting student, start off the questions, mingle at the reception--but leading up to each one is an endless parade of scheduling meetings and presentation rehearsals and presentations, attending meetings and presentation rehearsals, reading drafts, creating and hanging posters, sending out email announcements, organizing catering and room set-up. Each of these steps seems to involve an average of about 17 emails. It's exhausting.

Afterwards, the president of the College told me that it's great to have so many honors students this year and to keep doing what I'm doing. That's nice to hear.

(But if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'm headed for an early grave--or at least some very deep sleep. I am so earning my course release this semester. One down, one down, one down.)

No comments: