Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whiny whiny whine whine

Denver airport.

I know that I can't complain too much of fatigue, not having twin babies or anything, but dude, I am tired, for reals.

This semester is unusually...involved. That fifth class, despite being only one credit-hour, is awfully time-consuming. Plus I've made all my courses really complicated (response papers! daily quizzes! words/concepts of the day! collecting homework! blah blah blah!), so there's a lot of paper shifting in and out of my hands on a regular basis. Plus we have a record number of Honors students, which means a record number of individual appointments and advisee management and whatnot.

And there's, you know, this unexpected house thing, which it turns out will take some time. We don't close until November, but early Thursday morning we need to meet with the banker to get our loan approved, and then there's the inspection, etc. So, you know. Tired.

And I'm leaving for Scandinavia on Friday, so there's that.

Anyway, I don't really have much to write about here--well, I do, about a minor course-related puzzle, but I'm too tired to do it and it's hardly urgent. So this post is primarily intended to provide an excuse for the carpet picture above. Enjoy the little rectangles of colorful wonderment!

5 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Fifth class?!?

I hereby officially renounce my right to complain about my teaching load.

And great news on the house, btw.

medieval woman said...

Yes, congrats on the house! And you can totally complain about being tired without twins!! :)

Sisyphus said...

I agree that you can complain about being tired, because, dude, I'm tired! And therefore I get to complain (with you) about it!

We will want updates from your upcoming trip, though! And even some pictures that aren't part of the ugly carpet collection! (PS I hope you got the MLA carpets last year because they had some ornate monstrosities!)

What Now? said...

Big changes -- I was completely anxious and frazzled the spring that we bought a house at the end of the term -- it's a lot to go through, even if one is excited about the house.

Ink said...

Best of luck with everything. It sounds exhausting! Truly.

And safe travels! How exciting!