Monday, September 20, 2010

Where's Heu?

Tucked away in a remote corner of Europe, in an austere but comfortable hotel room. Knitting.

Conference is going well. Paper went well. I actually got questions and discussion, which doesn't usually seem to happen for me; people even came up to me afterwards with further questions and comments. But the mark of true success? When a fancy person had a question, and I answered it, but sensed that he wasn't convinced--so, at the coffee hour, I went up to him (a first for me--success 1) and started talking. I think he's still not convinced, but I am perfectly fine with that (confidence, of a sort--success 2), and we had a perfectly lovely conversation about this and that (comfortable collegiality with a person who just might intimidate me--success 3). I'm pleased.

And tired. I've convinced myself that I'm not jetlagged, but that's probably false. Off I go to bed.

3 comments:

Good Enough Woman said...

Glad it went well! And so glad you have your knitting with you in that remote European corner.

Dr. Koshary said...

OMFG I wish I was in that remote corner of Europe with you! Living with my family is going to kill me!

Ahem...sorry for the venting.

Congrats on your professional networking successes! I'd be pretty pleased myself with such things.

medieval woman said...

That's great! Congrats on the successes! I wish I was in a corner of Europe - feeling a little housebound at the moment...