Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Q&A

Questions

Why do none of my TV-watching programs work in Europe? And why is the woman who lives across the alley from my room (actually like 6 feet away) on a Tom Jones (the musician, not the fictional character) binge? And why is she not bingeing on the character instead, since that would certainly amuse me more? Or perhaps at least be quieter? And why, for that matter, does she spend all of every day sitting either in the window or at the desk right in front of the window talking?

Seriously--every time I'm in this room, she's over there, talking. Until about 11:00 at night. Starting at about 8:00 in the morning. It's weird. But this is her home, not mine, so I suppose I can't complain. Much. A little, maybe.

***********************
Answer*

I've been reading for my Particular Subset of Theory seminar (Fall '10) this week, usually while I'm drinking beer in sidewalk cafes. You know what? Difficult Theorist is better with beer. All theory is better with beer. Yay beer!

*Unrelated, of course, to the question.

4 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Theory and beer! Beer and Theory! Beery! (like the old chocolate and peanut butter commercial.)

medieval woman said...

What's new pussycat?

Drink a Hoegaarden for me...

Good Enough Woman said...

When I was in the UK a couple of years ago, I was bummed to find out that I couldn't do Netflix instant play. I think it's a copyright issue. So now when I go, I take TV series on DVD. That's how I got started with Buffy last fall . . .

Dr. Koshary said...

Can't argue with combining beer and theory! (Until you can't physically produce words to voice your opinions.)

Now I feel like having another beer, even though I just got home from a happy hour.