Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Owoo pity me.

You want to know about the best thing that I brought from France? Seven bottles of wine and calvados, neatly packed into a small, foam-lined suitcase. TM brought another seven or so himself. We are set for a while with the nice wine.

The worst thing I brought back? Two GIGANTIC RED EYEBALLS.

I am having a bout of conjunctivitis. I think that it started about two weeks ago; I stopped wearing contacts, and it seemed to be going away. Wore the contacts yesterday for a yoga class, and whooo--GIGANTIC RED EYEBALLS. Way worse than they were before. Obviously the contacts had become contaminated, and I re-infected myself.

I did go to the doctor this morning, and I do have medicine. But the medicine hurrrrts me. And my eyes hurrrt now, worse than before, what with all the Slaughter of the Bacteria that's going on on their surfaces. And I think my pupils are dilated or something because I'm not caring for bright lights, much.

Owoooooooooo ow. I know, a minor thing, really. And it should be all cleared up in a couple of days. But until then, I intend to exploit fully this excuse not to do anything too visually taxing. (And my glasses are driving me nuts because the screws really need to be tightened--they keep falling off my face. My problems are HUGE.)

5 comments:

Maude Lebowski said...

i LOATHE eye problems! they are the most uncomfortable of problems. actually, any problem afflicting any of the senses of the face is massively annoying. i feel for you. i hope you get better soon because i can't wait for you to be able to stare at the computer screen and spin, err, types us some more yarns (not yawns!) about France!!

when is the wedding? how is that going, or do i dare ask?

medieval woman said...

Ugh - that's horrible! I agree with Maude - nothin' worse than the eyes - and the teeth...

Sending goo mojo your way! Take the next 2 weeks off...

What Now? said...

Having complained all week about my oh-so-mildly itchy eyes, I grant you full rights to complain as much as you want about something that sounds incredibly unpleasant. Hope the eyes heal soon!

(My word verification is "sperm," which I think is the first time I've ever had an actual word!)

Sisyphus said...

Oh no! Get well soon, oh Crimson-Eyed One! (You wouldn't want people to think you're tokin it up for your wedding pictures or first week of school ... or maybe you would, your choice.) :)

heu mihi said...

Thanks, all! Eyes are better. Turns out that medicine works! If I'd known that a week ago, I'd've gone to the doctor THEN, not yesterday. Oh well. So it goes.