Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Humble Return

I know, I've been in absentia for a while. But first I was moving, and that entailed about 10 days of stuff (from initial cleaning and painting of new house through packing and unpacking and re-installation of Internet). And for the last few days I've been working steadily but modestly on my Leeds paper--that's been pleasant, getting back to work--and reading a new scholarly book that I'd been looking forward to, and engaging in various domestic tasks as The Minister settle into our first co-habited habitation. And I haven't been blogging any of it because--well, it's like when I take too long to answer someone's email, and then it just becomes too monumental, because now I have to account for the long silence and at this point I'd damn well better write something more significant than "hey! things are good. what's new with you?".

So that's that. I decided tonight that I should just re-enter the conversation, as it were, with this completely unremarkable Hello kind of post. I'm thinking about putting up something about how I write conference papers pretty soon, because that's the primary form of writing that I've been engaging in lately. But that will wait for another day. Until then: Hello!

7 comments:

pocha said...

Oh oh! I want to know about how you write conference papers, or revise essays for that matter. Glad you're back -- and congrats on the new digs. It's nice to be settled.

squadratomagico said...

Hellissimo!

Thoroughly Educated said...

I do know that monumental imperative. Welcome back. So, tell us about the new place you're setting up the cohabitative nest?

What Now? said...

Hello! I hope the move went smoothly and that you and the Minister are settling in to cohabitation nicely.

Sisyphus said...

'allo! Give us the scoop then!

medieval woman said...

Hello and welcome back! Btw, how goes the reception of the book revisions? Have they taken it to the board yet??

Belle said...

Well, once you do all of the above, pour yourself a beverage of choice, sit back and relax. Then tell us how you're both doing!