Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where I was and where I am

I spent Memorial Day weekend in the vicinity of


And this week I am alternately vacuuming up dead faux ladybugs and painting the new living room a startlingly bright orange. We move on Monday. Have I started packing? No! Hurrah!

Oh, and today we discovered Reason No. 4 that we're happy we didn't buy the place (not that we were planning to): The water heater has an enormous rusty leak in the bottom. When the plumber says that a leak is "the worst [he's] ever seen," you're glad that you don't own the damn house. Hurrah again!

Anyway, this is just to say that I am both too busy and too boring to be posting anything of substance (insofar as I ever post anything of substance. In fact, I do believe that I have used this very parenthetical more than once before). Pictures of painted rooms may come, with TM's consent (it's his house too, after all).

6 comments:

Maude Lebowski said...

oooh, i like the idea of a bright orange room. I am thinking of doing a wall upstairs in the bedroom orange while SB is at drill next weekend (that is if I can get myself motivated enough). right now though, the only real plans for orange are for the molded hall bathroom.

just think how cheery and wonderful it will be to sit in a bright orange living room! the winter months will be so much less dreary and boring for you!!

plus, i read an article here in our local paper about how people are turning to color in their homes during this "downward" economy and greens, oranges, and yellows are the "hot" colors for the year.

squadratomagico said...

I like the idea of a bright orange living room, too! Orange is so good!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

I'm also a fan of orange, but you need bright primary colored furniture to go with it.

And congrats on the move with your beau! What wonderful stuff you have going on in your life right now. Yay, you!

Fretful Porpentine said...

Oh, I miss that arch. Sigh.

Sisyphus said...

"faux" ladybugs? Say more.

And what kind of orange are we talking about? Sherbert orange or traffic cone safety orange? We want to see pictures, pictures!

PS, have you been to France yet?Did I give you the bloglist of choclateries and pastry places I insist that you sample for me?

It is of vital importance.

Good Enough Woman said...

Yes, pictures please. And watch out for that water heater. I once had the bottom just burst out of one because of rust. Inch of water throughout the apartment. No bueno.