Sunday, April 19, 2009

With 8 teaching days left to go

It's a warm and rainy day; the birds sound tropical. If the trees were actually green, it would feel like proper spring--but there is green on the grass and in the bushes, and that's a start.

Instead of grading, or working on my preposterous non-relevant presentation or my conference paper, or even reading for class, I would like to scratch the belly of a slow loris. The Minister thinks that she looks like Studs Terkel:



Such cuteness being out of reach, however, I shall pull up an easy chair by the open front door, wrap myself more securely in my bathrobe, and start reading.

3 comments:

medieval woman said...

Ohmigod, that's seriously the cutest video ever - that rivals baby pandas. I love how she raises her arms above her head and then looks crestfallen when the scratching stops...

Thoroughly Educated said...

OMG the Loris! (How do you link to a Stumbleupon video, btw?)

Thoroughly Educated said...

(Never mind, figured out how to link to the vid.)