Thursday, April 16, 2009

So *that's* why so few girls are willing to stand under me.

Ten facts about Heu Mihi.
  1. On average, women blink nearly twice as much as heu mihi.
  2. Heu mihi can drink over 25 gallons of water at a time.
  3. During World War II, Americans tried to train heu mihi to drop bombs.
  4. Heu mihi is the smallest of Jupiter's many moons.
  5. Heu mihi will always turn right when leaving a cave.
  6. By tradition, a girl standing under heu mihi cannot refuse to be kissed by anyone who claims the privilege.
  7. The pharoahs of ancient Egypt wore garments made with thin threads of beaten heu mihi.
  8. It is bad luck to light three cigarettes with the same heu mihi.
  9. Heu mihi has often been found swimming miles from shore in the Indian Ocean.
  10. If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and heu mihi would be as small as a pea.
Perhaps the best meme ever. I found it chez squadratomagico; you may generate one for yourself right here.

And now, I'm off to the Indian Ocean, where I go to avoid the ancient Egyptian weavers.

3 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Why do you always turn right when leaving a cave? why???

I'm glad the gov't couldn't train you to drop bombs, too.

Belle said...

See, I wonder how you get anything done, what with all the drinking and subsequent peeing.

heu mihi said...

Belle--easy: the heu mihi has a bladder the size of a hot-air balloon.

Sq--I'm still puzzling over that, myself; somehow I never even notice that I've done it until the turn is complete. I always think: Left! Left! Next time, left! --But then I've done it, I've turned right, and it's just too late.