Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You know?

Clothes from [letter] [letter] [legume] are fine. Really. I own a couple of things--a coat, a sweater--and I like them. Sure.

But I despise their catalogues. The people in them: with their sweeping blond hair and matronly khakis, the button-down shirts tucked all the way in, reclining stiffly against a railing while smiling fondly at the antics of dogs--or laughingly trekking across a mountaintop in a sweater-set and "barn coat" (whatever that is)--the men grinning bashfully at the attractively leaf-strewn ground whilst running a hand through their tousled hair, their chinos neatly pressed and their flannel shirts well-starched--oh, they make me itch.

Yes. Okay. Had to get that out of my system.

4 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Hee! I may have to call it the legume catalog now. But it's nowhere as annoying and yuppily weird as the catalog that starts with O, that seems to issue a standard golden retriever to all northeast residents.

Fretful Porpentine said...

You know it has been a very long Wednesday when you read posts like this one and spend, like, two minutes trying to figure out what sort of legume is called "Crew."

That is about the only coherent thought I have at the moment.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I'm going to be chuckling over "letter-letter-legume" - and the standard-issue golden retriever! - all evening.

Ortho said...

Ha! Hill-ar-ious! Thanks for sharing!