Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cure

Two things that made me feel better this afternoon:

1) Listening to Regina Spektor's "Apres Moi," loudly, on my ipod as I walked back to campus after lunch.

2) A message from the editor at Press No. 1, saying that the reader reports indicate the necessity for some revisions but that on the whole this is a book that they'd really like to publish!!! (If I adequately address the revisions, that is.)

2b) A glance at the reports (which I only just got) indicates that a very big person was one of the reviewers. Which is alarming. And yet, s/he says some positive things! (Along with some quite legitimate criticism, of course.)

A quick look at the many single-spaced pages of comments tells me that I have a lot of work to do, but this is incredibly exciting, and definitely the best news that I could have hoped for. I had no illusions about having written a ready-to-go MS, so this is pretty cool.

9 comments:

squadratomagico said...

WOWZA! MANY CONGRATULATIONS!

Yay for Heu!

Dr. Virago said...

Yay!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Sisyphus said...

Ooh ooh! Congrats! Yay!

Dr. Crazy said...

Awesome news!!!!!

medieval woman said...

that's fabulous!!! Way to go!!!

Hilaire said...

OMG OMG!!! That's fantastic, you!!!

Great news!

What Now? said...

Hey, that's fabulous news -- congratulations! I'd call that a cure indeed.

Flavia said...

Eeeeeee! Congratulations!

(Also: awesome song. And the awesomeness of all awesome songs is only improved by volume.)

undine said...

Great news!