Two things that made me feel better this afternoon:
1) Listening to Regina Spektor's "Apres Moi," loudly, on my ipod as I walked back to campus after lunch.
2) A message from the editor at Press No. 1, saying that the reader reports indicate the necessity for some revisions but that on the whole this is a book that they'd really like to publish!!! (If I adequately address the revisions, that is.)
2b) A glance at the reports (which I only just got) indicates that a very big person was one of the reviewers. Which is alarming. And yet, s/he says some positive things! (Along with some quite legitimate criticism, of course.)
A quick look at the many single-spaced pages of comments tells me that I have a lot of work to do, but this is incredibly exciting, and definitely the best news that I could have hoped for. I had no illusions about having written a ready-to-go MS, so this is pretty cool.
9 comments:
WOWZA! MANY CONGRATULATIONS!
Yay for Heu!
Yay!!!!
Congratulations!!!
Ooh ooh! Congrats! Yay!
Awesome news!!!!!
that's fabulous!!! Way to go!!!
OMG OMG!!! That's fantastic, you!!!
Great news!
Hey, that's fabulous news -- congratulations! I'd call that a cure indeed.
Eeeeeee! Congratulations!
(Also: awesome song. And the awesomeness of all awesome songs is only improved by volume.)
Great news!
Post a Comment