Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jobs I Have Had

To distract myself from my hideous gas bill problem, I'm going to follow Belle's recent example and list all the jobs I've had. (Belle's list is far more impressive, though.) For context, I'm 32 and worked for 3 years before grad school. Oh, and I'm leaving off the high school babysitting gigs and various paid house-/pet-sitting that I did after college, because those weren't real jobs.
  • library page in the children's section of the public library (filing hundreds of teeny tiny books! I was 14; I hated it. Lasted 2 months)
  • mucking out stalls in the neighbor's barn (she had somewhere between 4 and 6 horses; I can't remember the exact number)
  • cashier/watiress at a pizza place (almost 2 years, in high school)
  • temp, which led to a sort of data-entry position at a company that burned data to CDs (back in the very early days of CD-ROMs)
  • salad bar tender in the college cafeteria (I only lasted 3 weeks; I used to go into the walk-in cooler and cry. I have no idea what my problem was that semester. Eighteen-year-old self-absorption, perhaps?)
  • receptionist at a software development company (one summer)
  • cashier at college pizza joint
  • receptionist at some kind of telecommunications company that received, in the summer that I worked there, no more than 5 business-related calls; I apparently spent most of the summer keeping my bosses guessing about my sexual orientation (not deliberately--on my last day I learned that that had been a major preoccupation)
  • pizza chef at same college pizza joint--this was a major promotion from the previous year's cashiering (with a tiny raise, as I recall)
  • low-paid intern at a nonprofit specializing in establishing connections between environmentally and economically sustainable businesses
  • barista at a coffee shop
  • shift leader at said coffee shop
  • manager at still the same coffee shop (six months after starting, baby--how's that for career mobility?)
  • artist's model (did this in addition to other jobs for about two years)
  • occasional worker for a sort of catering company--I arranged flowers for a drag show once, and one time had to be a "bouncer" (best way to describe it) at some yuppie's afternoon birthday party
  • assistant editor for a publisher specializing in trade journals for the pharmaceutical industry: I copy-edited an annual reference guide to drugs in development, and it was hideous
    • after 10 months, my hatred for this job led me to quit and go to Europe
  • worked in the hip-hop/Christmas music section of a Borders bookstore
  • faculty assistant at a business school
And then we're in grad school! Where I: TA'd, was an editorial assistant for a journal, and adjuncted once. Then the VAP and now the tenure-track job.

So there you go. That was kind of fun.

Anyone else up?

3 comments:

Dance said...

Mine is coming soon/tomorrow morning.

Belle said...

It's an amazing exercise; I had no idea people would even be interested, but I'm now cruising blogs looking for same.

I need a life.

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品
A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色

免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

情色文學,色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,AVDVD,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,成人論壇

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖