Sunday, June 22, 2008

Current Summer Music meme

Hilaire has tagged me for the music meme, and it seems appropriately summery and light-hearted. Here's the rules:

  • List seven songs you are into right now.
  • No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring/summer.
  • Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs.
  • Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
So okay. My seven songs? Hm:
  1. "Only Skin," Joanna Newsom. (This is just an amazing song and everyone should listen to it, closely, preferably with headphones. Yes, it's 16 minutes long. Just do it.)
  2. "On the Radio," Regina Spektor.
  3. "It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City," David Bowie.
  4. "I Have Forgiven Jesus," Morrissey. (All right, so I always love this song.)
  5. Track 10 of Monteverdi's Vespers of 1610. (It makes my heart hurt, it's so beautiful. And I don't know what the track is called.)
  6. "Quelqu'un m'a dit," Carla Bruni.
  7. "Elle m'a dit," Cali. (Two French songs about someone telling someone something. It seems like that should have some kind of significance?)
The sad thing is that I think I've been "into" all of these songs--except for 6 and 7--for about two years already. I probably ought to start thinking about exploring some of the other eight billion tracks on my ipod, oughtn't I?

I don't know whom to tag because I think that most of the people I know have been tagged. And for you others, I'm very shy about tagging. So, um, seven of you! Go do the meme! (Besides, seven is a lot of people to tag.)