Friday, May 30, 2008

The Smallest House in the World, in Pictures!

The house, it is finished! The pictures, they are uploaded! The file sizes, they are reduced!

Above, you see the front of the house. Isn't it cute? The owners tell me that it was built sometime around 1920.



In this picture you can see all the four colors of paint that I used. This is from the living room looking into the hallway; the bedroom is on the left and the orange bathroom (which came out really well) is on the right.

The kitchen, in its original beige. It's tiny. The appliances and cabinetry are behind me, so you can't see them, but they aren't all that interesting anyway.



The living room. I truly love the round doorways.


And the bedroom, with my extraordinarily sumptuous--bordering on brothel-like--bedding!

Okay! I am officially done talking about my move and new house. I've even sort of been working this week, so it's possible that someday I'll say something of interest to someone other than myself.

15 comments:

K said...

Utterly charming! You have wonderful color sense--I love the different-colored walls.

wil said...

Very cute -- love the blue and creamy yellow, the hardwood floors, the checkered-floor kitchen...

New Kid on the Hallway said...

That's adorable! The colors are gorgeous!

Thoroughly Educated said...

OMG so cute! I love the colors. My laundry room is a similar orange and it makes me very happy.

squadratomagico said...

Oooh! -- It has lovely architectural lines --inside AND out (those sharp eaves!) What a pretty, cozy place to call home!

Dr. Virago said...

That's not a house -- that's a cottage in a story book! How wonderfully adorable!!!! And I love your colors, too.

Hilaire said...

Oh my god, I LOVE it!! It is perfect. Fantastic!!

Flavia said...

That is the most gorgeous house I have ever seen. Just living there would make me happy 9 days out of 10, I think. Nice work!

undine said...

Lovely house! The round doorways and all that wood flooring--perfect.

Sisyphus said...

No, no! We want _more_ pictures of house cuteness! (ok, we'll take actual academic conversations too, but don't think you need to downplay the house-making.)

I agree with everyone that the house is adorable, as are the colors and the gorgeous bedspread. And your round doorways remind me of my round doorways! So cute!

Maude Lebowski said...

omg! i agree with everyone, too that the house is adorable, and that you have a brilliant sense of color! and this may be creepy, but your bed linens are nearly the same as what i keep looking at to buy because i want my bed to look like that! it's so pretty! if i ever end up with a t-t job near you, i'm employing you to help me decorate because it looks like we have similar tastes!

What Now? said...

That is, hands down, the second-most charming cottage in the world ... second only to D's and my new cottage, of course, which I love more than I could have imagined possible. I'm so happy that you have a lovely new home to settle into and be happy in! Yay!!

medieval woman said...

It is highly adorable! I'm so psyched that you got to paint it and make it your own! Hope it makes you as happy as it looks - I know it will...

heu mihi said...

And I didn't even tell y'all about the vintage glass doorknobs.

Maude--not creepy, but flattering! The sheets are new ($19.95 at Target!) and I'm very pleased with how well they go with the duvet cover (which I got on ebay a few years ago). The bedspread is Laotian but I've seen ones like it in import shops here and there.

Everyone else--thanks for your appreciation! I continue to be delighted with this place.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

I can see why you're gushing about this place. It's super-cute. Where did you get the bedding? I totally want that.