Thursday, April 21, 2016

Kalamazoodle

So here it is, the annual writing of the conference paper that I proposed the previous summer and no longer have a great deal of interest in/feel is particularly relevant to my current research/find especially plausible. And then the annual attempting to wedge whatever I really want to write into something that roughly matches my accepted paper title.

When will I get smart about this, and start proposing abstracts for already-written (unpublished) work? Like chapter drafts? I have chapter drafts; I have them in plenty. (Well, I have about three.) What's wrong with me?

That said, I am looking forward to Kalamazoo, which I love, at least when the weather's good.

3 comments:

Fretful Porpentine said...

Sigh, yeah, I'm presenting about this new pedagogy thing that I tried last fall, and I don't even remember what I thought I wanted to say about it at the time that I proposed the paper, let alone what I'm going to say about it now (other than "this is a cool Thing that more English lit people should try," which doesn't seem like quite enough for a fifteen-minute paper).

heu mihi said...

I do, however, love the new move towards more roundtables--so my would-have-been-10-page paper only has to be 6! That means that I really hardly have to make a point at all.

Flavia said...

Hey, this is unrelated to this post, but I noticed on your sidebar your writing goal of 500 words a day for 80 days out of the year--and I'm curious about how you set that goal and what you're doing to meet it--i.e., are you trying to write twice a week? Do you choose specific dates?

If the spirit so moves you, I'd love a post on this subject, as I'm trying myself to figure out a sustainable way to write during the academic year.