It's crazytown over here.
No, I haven't graded at home yet. But I did take some grading with me this weekend, just in case. And I've only worked on my research for 6 of the last 14 days.
Here's the deal, though. Last Sunday night, Bonaventure's daycare provider had emergency surgery, so daycare shut down for the week. We patched together babysitting, but it cost more and covered less time than daycare--so we've been taking Bonaventure to office hours and meetings and just spending more time at home.
AND NOW, it turns out that daycare will be closed for THREE MORE WEEKS. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO????
As if that weren't bad enough, here's what else happened this week (in roughly chronological order):
- Bonaventure's wipes warmer (necessary for his cloth wipes) quit working.
- The oven light and the porch light almost simultaneously went out.
- The refrigerator door fell off.
- We had some minor flooding in the basement.
- The cat got sick and spent all night hiding outside.
- The garage door stopped closing.
- I'm pretty sure that there's something else, and that I'm blocking it out.
Unfortunately, I have about 800 meetings coming up this week. And I'd rather not be chasing a baby/toddler--or actually nursing him--during a meeting with first-year Honors students. It's going to be an adventure.