Is it just Field College students, or do undergraduates everywhere ceaselessly talk about things being "up on a pedestal" or "frowned upon"? When did we all get so prim?
Adultery is frowned upon...infanticide is frowned upon...Queen Elizabeth is on a pedestal, along with Jesus and "good morals".... Okay, these are fictitious examples, but they are not at all far removed from reality.
Back to work.
5 comments:
These are just the platitudes that come to their little minds. They have nothing much to say, I guess.
At least it's not a pedal stool!
At a place where I adjuncted once in grad school, I had two students write about putting something up "on a pastel."
(I certainly don't mean to insult my students, by the way; it's just that their beliefs about the best way to express their ideas, or the proper idiom to use, aren't always quite right.)
It's not just you. Seriously.
Post a Comment