Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What would *you* do?

For some reason or other, I qualify to renew my driver's license--which expires in six weeks--through the mail, thereby avoiding a trip to the DMV.

However, I loathe my driver's license picture. I look like a murderous hippie.

Is it worth a trip to the DMV to get a new picture? (If it helps: The agency is about 15 minutes away, and it's in a miniscule town, so the lines aren't too horribly bad. However, I am just about as likely to get another ghastly picture, so....)

Yes, I'm breaking a 33-day blog silence to ask this.

5 comments:

Bardiac said...

Go in and get a new picture :) Take a book along, and you're probably guaranteed not to need it. And stop on the way home for something fun as a treat, so you'll have that to look forward to.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

I'm so busy that laziness would win this contest. I'd mail it in. Who really cares what the DL pic looks like, unless you're planning to have your mug shot up on TV sometime soon? :)

If you do go, take Bardiac's advice and get yourself a prize after going through the motions. :)

Contingent Cassandra said...

Check whether your state now requires you to assume a "neutral expression" (not even an attempt to smile) for DL photos (to enable electronic facial comparison/recognition). The results, at least in my experience, are more zombie than murderous hippie, but they're still uniformly awful. I'm not sure whether this is a state or a national initiative (I had to jump through a lot more hoops, including proving my "legal presence" in my state, the last time I renewed, partly because I let the darn thing expire), but if it's national, the time spent would unquestionably be wasted.

heu mihi said...

Contingent C: I actually *tried* to maintain a neutral expression, despite the photographer's telling me that I can smile, and that did, indeed, result in ghastliness.

Fie and Bardiac: Sadly, there is nothing between here and DMV-town but fields and more fields. However, as it *is* only a 15-minute drive, and I have until mid-June to make it, I shouldn't require too much prodding.

Dr. Koshary said...

I also vote for new picture. Why not? Can't do much worse than murderous hippie, I'd say.