Sunday, September 2, 2012

An amusing thing about my baby

My baby is fascinating, isn't he? Don't you want to hear about nothing else? So here's a little bit about Bonaventure:

Lately, when he's upset, he says "Ni!" Actually, it's more like, "Mmmmmmmnnni!" It renders what could be exasperating and frustrating (his sleepy-induced crankiness, which is the most difficult crankiness to remedy) into something kind of cute. Yet it remains roughly as fearsome as its more famous counterpart:


Truth be told, though--and I hesitate to write this for fear that it'll jinx it (this is me, knocking wood) (seriously, I just rapped on my desk)--he doesn't fuss much, and lately he falls asleep beautifully at night, if not quite so beautifully in the afternoon. He's quite an agreeable little guy.



See?

6 comments:

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

And he's freaking gorgeous! What a little sweetie!!!

When I see adorable baby pics, it makes me long to have another baby. I adore babies. But then, they grow up and start talking back. That's when I look at the clock and start counting down to when they leave for college. (Only 12 more years in Eldest's case!) ;)

Enjoy the baby! He's great!

What Now? said...

He's a cutie-pie! And a Monty Python-loving cutie-pie, even if he doesn't know it yet.

Belle said...

What a glorious kid! Of course we want more pics! And stories!

Sisyphus said...

Oh he's so cute! We need to make him a helmet like Sir Bedivere's.

Dr. Koshary said...

He's kinda sickeningly cute, I have to admit. He also looks like he's formulating a joke, and is waiting for his speech skills to develop sufficiently to tell it.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

He's also adorable. Congratulations!