Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Worst blogger ever?

Just a quick Hello, I'm Still Breathing post. Sorry about the blog silence. I've been pretty busy (who hasn't?) and avoiding the Internet, to some extent, when I'm home. It's nice. On the other hand, it means that I never blog.

Well, to be honest, there are no great and grand updates in my life; mainly I've just been deciding not to long on here and whine about how I'm sooooo busy etc. etc. I do that out loud, to everyone who listens, so I am filling my whine quota, even if you don't see it--never fear. Classes are fine but overly abundant; the house stuff progresses apace (we're just waiting to close in 2.5 weeks--oh, and we need to get homeowner's insurance); I have done no research whatsoever this semester, despite attending a fantastic conference (see "overly abundant," above); the weather's finally getting colder; the cats are exactly who and what they are. And now, it's time for bed.

How are you?

4 comments:

Dr. Koshary said...

I need an apartment here in Research City, and I can't get my Blackberry to find the internet. Other than that, not so bad. :)

Sisyphus said...

House pictures! We will need house pictures! ---- maybe after painting and moving in happens, but we will want them at some point.

Ink said...

Yes! Pictures, please.

But otherwise = totally understand the busy. Though you're missed, of course. :)

Alex said...

Hi, heu mihi --

I've wandered here from a database of medievalist blogs, and I just wanted to comment to tell you that I *love* this blog and am *so* happy to have found it. I'm a female undergrad, and I very much want to go to grad school for medieval literature. I am accordingly trying very hard to block out all the people telling me there are many, many reasons not to do so - no remotely decent jobs afterward, no chance at a personal life, etc.

I've read quite a number of your archived posts (not meant to sound creepy -- thanks, Internet!), and I appreciate the way you describe how busy you are but also how happy and fulfilled you are. This kind of attitude is such a breath of fresh air, especially when so many other academic bloggers seem desperately unhappy or unfulfilled.

Good luck with everything at Field!