Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It was fate--it had to be

I just got to see the approved promotional copy for my book. There are two quotes: one by a scholar whom I highly esteem and who was one of the manuscript's readers, and another by a very accomplished scholar...who somehow only came onto my radar last week, when I read hir excellent study of [topic related to my current project]. Truly--one of those books that's deeply researched AND a sheer pleasure to read--fascinating and convincing.

I'm peculiarly pleased that I read hir book before seeing the quote, if only because it means that now I have two very generous statements from people whom I (already know to) look up to!

4 comments:

Maude Lebowski said...

so cool! Yay you!!

medieval woman said...

That's wonderful!!! Does your book have a link yet? If so, send it along!

What Now? said...

Wow, that is so fabulous! Congratulations!

Llyn said...

Congratulations! :-)