In lieu of substantive blogging (is there ever substantive blogging around here? Anyway), I bring you Recent Searches, organized by Category.
First category: THE WINNERS
These are by far the most popular searches. So popular that I am baffled. What are these people looking for?
- Let the cat out of the bag (image search)
- age to perfection (once again, it is age of perfection, or aged to perfection, but fine)
My one post on interview clothing has proven to be by far the most popular thing I have ever written, in any genre or medium. Scary.
- is it ok to wear the same pants
- same clothes different tie
- can i wear black suit jacket with stripe pants
- can you wear a solid
- can you wear the same sweater two days in a row
- black suits different shirts
- how to wear pinstripe pants
Third category: ACADEMIA
This one's rather thin, I admit--perhaps owing to the scantiness of genuinely academic writing on this blog? However, the searches (few as they are) do suggest a very particular category of angst. I unfortunately didn't copy one of my favorite (sad) searches, which was something along the lines of "Not writing dissertation sad."
- skipping grad school classes sick
- gradcity complaints
- FRESHMEN BOYS (okay, so right, this one doesn't really belong, I know. But I appreciate the all caps. It suggests a great deal of enthusiasm, no?)
I just like the sound of these. I'm glad that they led their searchers here.
- metamorphosis perfection
- ahem. le sigh.
- there are moments when
- i am rather
- all knowing all mighty
- ah there you are, do i know you?*
Fifth category: PARTY TIME
These just go well together, I think. They suggest an intriguing narrative.
- party time looking forward to it
- one minute dance party
- CAT PHOTO TATTOOS
- fucking strange things
- i'm sorry for drinking
These last ones are just too good to leave out, but they can't be categorized.
- why we need stress
- ugh like slippers
- eyeballs falling out.