Thursday, April 24, 2008

Four Months, Four Days:

--That's how long I have until I teach another class. I knew there was an upside to starting our spring semester on Jan. 7.

Less thrilling is the grading, which awaits already, and there's more rolling in on Monday. I have a few appointments with students scheduled for today and tomorrow (re. the Monday papers); we have job candidates coming in early next week; and yes, things are still a little busy. But none of that interferes with the delight of being done with the teaching!

I'm excited about this summer. I want to get back to my own work, I can't wait to move into my laughably small house, and I'm planning to visit a lot of friends and the usual family over the next couple of months. But what I really want to do is sit in a chair in my new backyard and read a novel. With a gin & tonic. Or three.

And then I'll go write that article I've been thinking about for the last six months, of course.

1 comment: